Community fund

The provision of significant local community benefits is central to WWCE’s vision. We will recycle 80% of surplus profits into local communities through a community fund with the remaining 20% going directly to Wiltshire Wildlife Trust.

2015 will see the first payment of £25,000 to the community fund

The Fund will derive its income from the surpluses generated. We estimate that the Braydon Manor Farm Solar Array when built will provide £27k per annum rising in line with RPI during the early years. This amount will increase at a faster rate in the later stages of the project.

Over 25 years this could result in over £2.1m being available for distribution to local communities via the community fund.

Acceptance of this amount will be subject to a members’ vote at WWCE’s AGM. The monies will then be donated to the community fund and will be allocated to projects brought forward by communities in the vicinity of the Braydon Manor Farm project.

Criteria for eligible projects supported through the community fund will include wildlife conservation, climate change mitigation, carbon reduction (including local food, transport, waste projects etc) and reducing fuel poverty. The fund will be managed by Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, registered charity number 266202.